Railway Field Service Engineer - Europe
Field Service Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Project Manager, Rail
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
Camlin Italy Srl are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to serve Europe but to be based in Italy, possibly in Parma (our Italian HQ), but candidates residing in other locations across Italy will be also considered for this role. This position assumes a key role to support our growing European railway customers to install, commission and maintain state of the art railway monitoring systems developed by Camlin.
The role will involve working on European rail infrastructure projects to install, commission and service Camlin’s railway monitoring systems. The desired person must be willing to travel, be able to work under pressure and have a strong work ethic. Due to the nature of railway anti-social hours i.e. occasional night time working will be expected as and when required. Working at height and clean driving license will also be required.
- Responsible for leading the successful commissioning into service of new Camlin Rail railway monitoring systems, you are expect to conduct to completion installations of equipment and associated devises on the railway line, including data wiring, conduits, fixtures and electrical wiring.
- Lead the Co-ordination of site activities to ensure timely and efficient execution of the commissioning process.
- Final quality checks and tests prior to entry into Service.
- You are expect to troubleshoot, repair and service Camlin’s monitoring systems and associated equipment; to use tools to determine system failures; to operate, inspect and perform preventive maintenance including ensuring compliance with electrical codes.
- Compilation of the Site Commissioning Report and Quality documentation.
- Work with Client and Infrastructure Operators to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the commissioning and entry into service process.
- Ensuring compliance at all times to Camlin Rail Management Systems, Safety working policies, standards, procedures and standard practices as well as those applicable to other client infrastructure in all aspects of the installation, commissioning and service process as required under local regulations.
- Have a good understanding of local health and safety legislation and procedures and follow the same in the approach to commissioning activities.
- Ensuring sufficient resources are obtained in a timely manner to meet programme commitments
- Ensuring productive and cost-effective use of technical resources to achieve company targets, margins and profit
- Positively influencing commissioning and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Supporting the project commercial process with the Project Manager and ensure all design change requests are quantified on site to capture costs.
- Track ideas, feedback an lessons learned to report them aiming to improve quality and increase efficiency.
- Maintaining effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery
- Comply with and ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- High school diploma (perito meccatronico, elettrotecnico, elettronico) or engineering bachelor degree (laurea di primo livello in Ingegneria meccatronica, elettrica, elettronica)
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in providing engineering field services or prior experience within an electrical utility or rail industry, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must possess a strong safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Must have strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact confidently with customers and be able to provide training on equipment and products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Italian and English languages is a must. Knowledge of other European languages would be considered as a plus.
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word
- Clean driving license
- Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work overtime as and when required.
- Willingness to travel;
- Camlin can only offer contracts of employment to applicants who have passed a medical and drugs and alcohol examination. This is standard procedure for working on the rail networks.
- Technical skills and knowledge of electrical and electronic monitoring/diagnostic systems;
- Certificate of training course for workers at height (formazione addetti ai lavori in quota).
- Minimum of 2 years experience commissioning monitoring/diagnostic systems into railway operations.
- Basic knowledge of SDH (synchronous digital hierarchy) devises,
- Previous experience to support installations of IT devises and wiring at client server room’s,
- Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - OUR VALUES
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Company Pension & Life Assurance Schemes
- Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.